Inspirations



I have always loved History, Literature and Art.........................................................................................................
beautiful things, the stuff of dreams..................................................

flowers, butterflies, fairy tales, embroidered fragments, Chinese blues, Botticelli angels, Blake's visions, Burne-Jones pictures............................................................................................

amongst many other hints and wisps of the past..........................

to catch in my net and weave into mydesigns..................

which I hope others might find as beautiful as their inspirations.

Sunday 22 May 2011

well guess that's it................

So, I have posted all my work. Although I am pleased with my imagery, as it depicts 'Oriental' exactly the way I wnted it to, is me to a 't'  and I even think the odd one has achieved what I see as beautiful, I am not sure others would agree.  Not very hopeful about the outcome now.

The imagery that is currently in vogue is not me, I freely admit I'm different and 'follow a different drummer'-guess always have and always will.  I gain comfort from the fact that my Art heroes, Rossetti, Morris and Burne Jones were the same, in that they questioned the Art of the day. They were 'true to nature', returning to a brighter/truer past as Pre-Raphaelites. As a result they produced , in the case of the last two, beautiful imagery and Decorative Art. From being slated in the press by the critics they were championed by Ruskin and became the artists of choice of the buying public. Don't expect that accolade but do feel slightly like them in going completely against the mainstream, with my work whilst trying to fit it to trends!!!

Well time will tell- all I know is I couldn't have tried any harder whilst finally studying Art after waiting for all those years and at least I have remained true to myself and what I believe to be beautiful, however others may judge it.

Not sure whether I shall be doing much more blogging, despite having become a bit of an addict.  So GOOD LUCK , HEALTH AND SUCCESS to anybody who has looked at any of my posts....your support has been so much appreciated over this past year.  

3 comments:

  1. YOU CAN'T STOP BLOGGING NOW!!!
    I won't let you!
    Be proud, very proud!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Claire....couldn't have done a blog without your help at the beginning-all your efforts teaching students are DEFINITELY not in vain. Thanks too for cheering me up up a little..

    ReplyDelete