Inspirations



I have always loved History, Literature and Art.........................................................................................................
beautiful things, the stuff of dreams..................................................

flowers, butterflies, fairy tales, embroidered fragments, Chinese blues, Botticelli angels, Blake's visions, Burne-Jones pictures............................................................................................

amongst many other hints and wisps of the past..........................

to catch in my net and weave into mydesigns..................

which I hope others might find as beautiful as their inspirations.

Saturday 7 May 2011

Pink and BLUE cherry blossom!!!!


I managed to beg a piece of beautiful cherry blossom from my neighbours a few weeks ago and did a drawing ready for development.

Well , it was now or never!! Knowing I had this image I showed total 'flexibility and openess to new ideas' (well colourways) when I fell in love with some  pink papers in yet another very expensive visit to Hobbycraft on Wednesday (their profits and Staples are going to take a plunge when this modul,e finishes!!!). I just had to produce the ideas they gave me for my blossom branch.  So here they are, although probably to remain as development as they compliment my Minor Project and its vintage/pastel shades. However, after I had got all that girly pinkness out of my system I got back to the real world and ,using my Chinese carpets colours as an inspiration produced an oriental blossom card an paper in my FMP colourway of Blue and yellow/old gold.



It's amazing how different the same image looks in another colour combination.  this card matches my home (which has provided most of my inspiration and primary resources) PERFECTLY :-) I coloured it all by hand, a combination of watercolour pencil and emulsion paint-a very bespoke paper!

Apologies for the photos they don't seem to be as good as some of my others, not sure why......

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous... I would like to see the cards without the mounts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!!! so glad you like them.....one of the reasons photos looked untidy was because I had hesitated and not stuck dowm the mounts, so now will try and make them without......

    ReplyDelete