Inspirations



I have always loved History, Literature and Art.........................................................................................................
beautiful things, the stuff of dreams..................................................

flowers, butterflies, fairy tales, embroidered fragments, Chinese blues, Botticelli angels, Blake's visions, Burne-Jones pictures............................................................................................

amongst many other hints and wisps of the past..........................

to catch in my net and weave into mydesigns..................

which I hope others might find as beautiful as their inspirations.

Monday 30 May 2011

The Lady Of Shalott (1 of 2)



For those who do not know the beautiful poem which inspired many Victorian artists, here is a taste.  It is accompanied by a musical version I have not heard.  I designed most of my Minor project to another version, by a symphonic rock group called Autumn.  Unfortunately I couldn't find that one .  However, this pretty folk style song seems pleasant enough!
Some years ago I read this poem to a group of 7 yr olds.  You could have heard a pin drop....they loved it too

No comments:

Post a Comment