Inspirations



I have always loved History, Literature and Art.........................................................................................................
beautiful things, the stuff of dreams..................................................

flowers, butterflies, fairy tales, embroidered fragments, Chinese blues, Botticelli angels, Blake's visions, Burne-Jones pictures............................................................................................

amongst many other hints and wisps of the past..........................

to catch in my net and weave into mydesigns..................

which I hope others might find as beautiful as their inspirations.

Tuesday 17 May 2011

Now for the next one!

I did three different designs based on the pine twig ;the twig, a star/snowflake and a Christmas tree.  I liked my Christmas trees and the variation in black and cream for men.  However, felt they weren't quite up to submission as final designs.  However, I have loved developing the sprig as a star/snowflake in a similar way to the twigs shown in the last blog, as well as using some suface embellishment. I liked it so much I used two of this collection for my Photobook cover, front and back. Hope you like its final product board format?!!!


These papers and card use a bespoke random design of stars/snowflakes made up from six superimposed sprig images. I have then layered prints and papers by hand with silver leaf and an absolutely beautiful (my favourite) gossomer paper to give the impression of a snowstorm.  I have cut into the image for the card as I did for the scented embroidered pine sprig card.  I could embroider this too. I chose to embroider a different colourway just by way of contrast and releif from the usual winter white.  Blue, as I've said before is my favourite colour and I love this.  I used metallic thread, one strand.  Its not an easy thread to use and even worse on paper but I am pleased with the effect which is subtle but seems to me to convey a wonderful crisp idyllic winter day with a flurry of snow ! I also really like my simpler, cheaper and less time consuming embellished star paper

P.S. I noticed the blue sheet was skewed after this photo was taken and straightened it up!!!!:-)

PSS whilst chilling last night had teatime tv on and saw a programme I'd never seen before ( where Art work is selected for the RSA).  Such a coincidence a lovely young chap, who's work was selected turned out to be from Middlesbrough and had studied ceramics at CCAD!

No comments:

Post a Comment