Inspirations



I have always loved History, Literature and Art.........................................................................................................
beautiful things, the stuff of dreams..................................................

flowers, butterflies, fairy tales, embroidered fragments, Chinese blues, Botticelli angels, Blake's visions, Burne-Jones pictures............................................................................................

amongst many other hints and wisps of the past..........................

to catch in my net and weave into mydesigns..................

which I hope others might find as beautiful as their inspirations.

Monday 9 May 2011

'and the last shall come first'!!!

How true this is, have finally committed work to a board (although could still be deselected!) and have mounted the very last, simplest and most Chinese of my designs Kung hei Fat Choi.  It is perfect ...garish red and gold not me at all, my least favoutite but the very best choice for a Chinese New Year card/gift/party! It so reminds me of  my 'home' in Hong Kong,with firecrackers, joss sticks, lai see envelopes full of money and red and gold everywhere!!!!!

P.S. No mounts this time...much better

P.S.S. (clash of cultures here!) and wouldn't it be wonderful if  one day 'the meek shall inherit the earth' too............

No comments:

Post a Comment