Inspirations



I have always loved History, Literature and Art.........................................................................................................
beautiful things, the stuff of dreams..................................................

flowers, butterflies, fairy tales, embroidered fragments, Chinese blues, Botticelli angels, Blake's visions, Burne-Jones pictures............................................................................................

amongst many other hints and wisps of the past..........................

to catch in my net and weave into mydesigns..................

which I hope others might find as beautiful as their inspirations.

Tuesday 28 June 2011

New Arrival

A neighbour is going  to have a little boy, at some point, over the next few days-due day today, but men are always late!!!! I have a little gift for her baby and her very sweet little girl, Grace. As a card and gift designer (!!!??!!!;-) ) I shall have no problems chosing a card for her two children..........




This is a board from my Minor project.

The little pink dress card was designed using a coloured drawing of a vintage dress -given to me by a friend, for my daughter Charlotte.  It had been her husnbands, when he was a baby in India, and has exquisite embroidered butterflies attached by the body (but with free wings). It is one of my favourite card designs (probably because I love butterflies). I printed the design on hand made paper and cut it and tiny individual butterflies  and flowers for added decoration

The blue card is drawn from a smocked traditional romper suit that I bought for my son James.  It was cream, but I cut into the picture with a scalpel and padded it out  with blue tissue paper to colour the image.

So, that's the children sorted....... 

No comments:

Post a Comment