Inspirations



I have always loved History, Literature and Art.........................................................................................................
beautiful things, the stuff of dreams..................................................

flowers, butterflies, fairy tales, embroidered fragments, Chinese blues, Botticelli angels, Blake's visions, Burne-Jones pictures............................................................................................

amongst many other hints and wisps of the past..........................

to catch in my net and weave into mydesigns..................

which I hope others might find as beautiful as their inspirations.

Sunday 5 June 2011

Cottage garden corner



I have placed the flowers I bought the other day in the spaces left by plants that had  died (due to the severity of last winter).  They have formed an old fashioned floral corner in my tiny garden.  I think they look beautiful, especially as they are really very simple flowers that have retained their popularity over the centuries, but were most liked in my beloved Victorian times. I love old fashioned and wild flowers. The foxgloves look particularly pretty

Henrik Simonson uses wild flowers in his designs and has used pink foxgloves in the  Midnight Garden.

I think I need to 'rearrange' the evergreen clematis (that never flowers :-( ) and the brash pink rambler that was in the garden when I bought the cottage (and have kept because it has the most wonderful perfume and flowers prolifically).

No comments:

Post a Comment