Inspirations



I have always loved History, Literature and Art.........................................................................................................
beautiful things, the stuff of dreams..................................................

flowers, butterflies, fairy tales, embroidered fragments, Chinese blues, Botticelli angels, Blake's visions, Burne-Jones pictures............................................................................................

amongst many other hints and wisps of the past..........................

to catch in my net and weave into mydesigns..................

which I hope others might find as beautiful as their inspirations.

Thursday 30 June 2011

Hand drawn lace....

Re the previous post and hand painting lace.....I did draw two very detailed fragments of old lace for my vintage project. I did them by using a very sharp pointed parchment craft tool on parchment paper.I was pleased with them but they were very time consuming and I had lots of other ideas to develop. However, I did use them, printed on coloured paper, for one of my favourite designs, based on my version of a vintage dove and an embroidered card my Grandmother's fiance sent her from the trenches in WW1 , before he was killed (see Valentine's Day post for full explanation!).  I used this composition for  Valentine's Day/Wedding cards and a favours box.



(Please note, this image and all the other designs and photographs placed on my blog are meant for interest, information and possibly inspiration only and are my intellectual property/ copyright
. Please do not copy-thank you)

The lace drawing can be seen in the background.  The drawings were made from a vintage collar and cuff I was given by my other Grandmother-so in one card I have memories of both of them! The vintage dove has a lace body. I cut out the interior space with a scalpel. I then placed the outline over some real lace, which  was placed over a sheet of pink paper. My Grandmother's card is held in the doves beak, in minturised form and is also in the favours box along with miniture hearts (designed by me and dried pink rose petals- I'm such a romantic!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment