Inspirations



I have always loved History, Literature and Art.........................................................................................................
beautiful things, the stuff of dreams..................................................

flowers, butterflies, fairy tales, embroidered fragments, Chinese blues, Botticelli angels, Blake's visions, Burne-Jones pictures............................................................................................

amongst many other hints and wisps of the past..........................

to catch in my net and weave into mydesigns..................

which I hope others might find as beautiful as their inspirations.

Wednesday 29 June 2011

...and parents

I shall be selecting a new born/Christening design for the happy parents-when their new baby puts in his first appearance, as he seems happy to wait for a few more days before making an entrance into theworld! His poor mother , in this heat!!!





 These designs are also from my Vintage and lace Minor Project.  They were produced by printing copies of my drawings of both a long and short Christening dress that my children wore at their respective Christenings in England (Charlotte) and Celle, germany (James). I printed the images onto handmade mulberry paper and silk, for the first board.  the second boards cards were produced like the blue design of the previous post, by cutting out the interior space with a scalpel. this time I inserted antique lace and used a vintage edging to finish off. The photographs do not do the cards justice, in my opinion!

I really enjoyed this particular theme, as I have loved old things long before they were popular with everyone else.  I used to look in junk and antique shops etc. as a teenager and since then have built up an eclectic collection of old/vintage bits and pieces, that suited me and my home/s!!!!

I hope my neighbours like my cards.......

No comments:

Post a Comment