Inspirations



I have always loved History, Literature and Art.........................................................................................................
beautiful things, the stuff of dreams..................................................

flowers, butterflies, fairy tales, embroidered fragments, Chinese blues, Botticelli angels, Blake's visions, Burne-Jones pictures............................................................................................

amongst many other hints and wisps of the past..........................

to catch in my net and weave into mydesigns..................

which I hope others might find as beautiful as their inspirations.

Wednesday 29 June 2011

a little gift too.........

I may consider putting in with a bought gift, for the new parents, one that I  designed for my minor project (along with the previous cards).



I made a pair of shoes,in a shoe box and garlands/wall hangings for a nursery or play room, out of a drawing of a pair Charlottes old shoes. These shoes were brand new BUT vintage when I bought them in a little brocante shop in Holland a couple of decades ago.  Charlotte actually wore them and looked adorable in them and her little smocked dresses and frilly socks (sorry Charlotte!!!!). They were lovely to draw and then produce as 3d by decoupage-think I used about 5 layers and it made the soles look just right. I was really proud of the shoes in the box because they were so like the originals even if I say so myself!!!!

I also produced cards to match, so may keep the Christening card for when the baby has its naming day and give a matching card instead....decisions decisions....


This board looks a little overcrowded to my eye now!! As a lovely lady ( and fellow student) Joy  always- said 'less is more'...and  she was always right....and her designs were always very successful in the Bradford Textile Competition......:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment