Inspirations



I have always loved History, Literature and Art.........................................................................................................
beautiful things, the stuff of dreams..................................................

flowers, butterflies, fairy tales, embroidered fragments, Chinese blues, Botticelli angels, Blake's visions, Burne-Jones pictures............................................................................................

amongst many other hints and wisps of the past..........................

to catch in my net and weave into mydesigns..................

which I hope others might find as beautiful as their inspirations.

Tuesday 28 June 2011

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY LITTLE COTTAGE!!!!

Just realised it is five years this week since I moved from what was my dream house (but where I was the most unhappy I have ever been!) to my little 'Hope' cottage (where I have been very happy, generally, since the day my children gave up their last week at uni to help me move in)
I commerated both of my homes, lived in over the course of my Art odyssey, in stitich for one of my earlier projects, which concerned surface embellishment for fashion. As I love the willow pattern and blue and white china and the colours I drew an updated version and then stitiched it on shiny silk.  Unfortunately that has made the design difficult to photograph :-( sorry...




This picture is supposed to show my cottage,between the trees, but it is very faint! It is near heaven and is like the place the lovers escaped to.....!!!!



This picture shows my old house in the far right hand side again rather faint and lost amongst the embroidery and beads.



The bridge I walked my two old dogs/friends, Copper and Gunnar ( a golden retriever and flat coated retriever) over for many years is shown in the bottom shot. It is like the willow pattern bridge that the lovers escape over.

My little cottage has been a godsend-it ticked all the wish list boxes when I came to see it the Easter before I bought it. I have been so lucky................

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY  LITTLE COTTAGE  AND THANKS FOR FIVE GOOD YEARS:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment