Inspirations



I have always loved History, Literature and Art.........................................................................................................
beautiful things, the stuff of dreams..................................................

flowers, butterflies, fairy tales, embroidered fragments, Chinese blues, Botticelli angels, Blake's visions, Burne-Jones pictures............................................................................................

amongst many other hints and wisps of the past..........................

to catch in my net and weave into mydesigns..................

which I hope others might find as beautiful as their inspirations.

Monday 14 February 2011

Happy Valentines Day to one and all!!!!


Apologies for posting this picture again but it was intended to be a Valentines day card/gift and I thought  it appropriate to explain the very romantic reasoning behind its design!  My Grandmother's first fiance was killed in the First World War.......The card in the peace/love symbol dove's mouth  is a tiny copy of the beautiful embroidered card her sent to her, from the trenches, signed 'from your own Sweeetheart' ..................................................
I hope my design did justice to his memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment