Inspirations



I have always loved History, Literature and Art.........................................................................................................
beautiful things, the stuff of dreams..................................................

flowers, butterflies, fairy tales, embroidered fragments, Chinese blues, Botticelli angels, Blake's visions, Burne-Jones pictures............................................................................................

amongst many other hints and wisps of the past..........................

to catch in my net and weave into mydesigns..................

which I hope others might find as beautiful as their inspirations.

Wednesday 16 February 2011

Valentine's Day P.S.......................



This is the sentiment 'with fondest love from your own darling  sweetheart' mentioned below, from my Grandmother's card . I used it as part of an embroidered length  design for a first year project.  It also included vintage floral motifs, taken from an old album, and a photograph of my Mother and Father on their wedding day..

No comments:

Post a Comment