Inspirations



I have always loved History, Literature and Art.........................................................................................................
beautiful things, the stuff of dreams..................................................

flowers, butterflies, fairy tales, embroidered fragments, Chinese blues, Botticelli angels, Blake's visions, Burne-Jones pictures............................................................................................

amongst many other hints and wisps of the past..........................

to catch in my net and weave into mydesigns..................

which I hope others might find as beautiful as their inspirations.

Saturday 12 February 2011

Japanese tea drinking at the Bowes Museum!

Missed Tuesdays session at CCAD to attend a talk, on Japanese tea drinking, at Bowes Museum.  It was given by Antiques Roadshow expert Adam Schoon.  He interwove the history of tea, in Japan ,with images of antique objects he either owns or has come across in his job as an auctioneer at Tennants. I was particularly interested in his detailed references to lacquer as I hope (!!!) to be able to incorporate a lacquer look into one of my designs. Unfortunately the tea drinking ceremony was very disappointing. Also, I am sorry to say after all my experience of yummy oriental food, the Japanese snacks were.................. DISGUSTING!!!!!

Still grappling with PPF and research mounting ....will it ever end ?!!!:-(

No comments:

Post a Comment