Inspirations



I have always loved History, Literature and Art.........................................................................................................
beautiful things, the stuff of dreams..................................................

flowers, butterflies, fairy tales, embroidered fragments, Chinese blues, Botticelli angels, Blake's visions, Burne-Jones pictures............................................................................................

amongst many other hints and wisps of the past..........................

to catch in my net and weave into mydesigns..................

which I hope others might find as beautiful as their inspirations.

Friday 15 April 2011

HENRICK SIMONSEN-finally a modern artist producing work I love!!!!

Have just discovered in GALLERINA, a modern artist whose work I would love to own-well some of it- and emulate/be inspired by WITHOUT plagerising !! HENRIK SIMONSEN  has produced a number of beautiful paintings sold by a variety of galleries, (including the excellent Gallerina, Darlington).  They involve detailed images like the beautiful Leonardo drawings I love but on contemporary textile design like backgrounds.  I have just researched his work on the internet and found that he has dealt with many of the subjects I have chosen for my FMP 'Oriental' theme..... PAGODAS, ORIENTAL LADIES, BUTTERFLIES ETC.and done them brilliantly! Thankfully he hasn't produced card and gift....YET!!! Just as well I found him at the end of the project as I may have decided not to bother!

Have not been able to link to his website which hasn't many images anyway but found some lovely ones at http://www.forstergallery.com/.  Look and see if you agree with me!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment