Inspirations



I have always loved History, Literature and Art.........................................................................................................
beautiful things, the stuff of dreams..................................................

flowers, butterflies, fairy tales, embroidered fragments, Chinese blues, Botticelli angels, Blake's visions, Burne-Jones pictures............................................................................................

amongst many other hints and wisps of the past..........................

to catch in my net and weave into mydesigns..................

which I hope others might find as beautiful as their inspirations.

Monday 18 April 2011

Childhood inspiration- a little pink kimono!



When I was a child my favourite uncle brought a bright pink kimono, with a gold work dragon, and pyjamas back from his travels as a gift for me. I have never forgotten how much I loved dressing up in that little outfit. That,combined with another uncle#s fictional stories and drawings of Eastern ladies inspired me with romantic thoughts and imaginings which have continued to this day. Recently I found the set, hidden in a box, a little the worse for wear but still good enough to photograph and blog to show the original source of my love for the Far Eaast.

No comments:

Post a Comment