Inspirations



I have always loved History, Literature and Art.........................................................................................................
beautiful things, the stuff of dreams..................................................

flowers, butterflies, fairy tales, embroidered fragments, Chinese blues, Botticelli angels, Blake's visions, Burne-Jones pictures............................................................................................

amongst many other hints and wisps of the past..........................

to catch in my net and weave into mydesigns..................

which I hope others might find as beautiful as their inspirations.

Thursday 14 April 2011

Fantin-Latour Preview

Evening drive into Teesdale, with fresh green trees, blossom and Spring lambs, was a real breath of fresh air after I.T. problems (just been informed by on-line Booksmart support that my computer is too old for their software...which will explain why it wasn't working)

Flower pictures were pretty, if a bit chocolate boxy.  Fantin-Latour was very popular in his day-a contemporary of Whistler and the Impressionists- and apparently this is the first exhibition of his work. I liked his white roses and lily pictures best (surprise surprise after my Mother's Day flowers comments!!).

Sorry but I can't post any images as photography was NOT allowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment