Inspirations



I have always loved History, Literature and Art.........................................................................................................
beautiful things, the stuff of dreams..................................................

flowers, butterflies, fairy tales, embroidered fragments, Chinese blues, Botticelli angels, Blake's visions, Burne-Jones pictures............................................................................................

amongst many other hints and wisps of the past..........................

to catch in my net and weave into mydesigns..................

which I hope others might find as beautiful as their inspirations.

Monday 31 January 2011

Elena Deshmukh

Before I started this course I bought the most beautiful card I had ever seen consisting of a lovely, detailed picture of a bird and flower, with a tiny amount of very fine gold embroidery. It was designed by a very talented, in my opinion, artist called Elena Deshmukh. Her work is exquisite, like Claires Final Major Project (see earlier posting).  I regularly check Elena's very high quality website (www.elenadeshmukh.com/) to keep up with her new card designs and just wonder at the wonderful imagery that is combined with  vintage props and moving birds. Her work is truly inspirational and is itself inspired, like alot of mine, by flowers, butterflies and vintage/Victoriana. If only my cards were so beautiful!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment