Inspirations



I have always loved History, Literature and Art.........................................................................................................
beautiful things, the stuff of dreams..................................................

flowers, butterflies, fairy tales, embroidered fragments, Chinese blues, Botticelli angels, Blake's visions, Burne-Jones pictures............................................................................................

amongst many other hints and wisps of the past..........................

to catch in my net and weave into mydesigns..................

which I hope others might find as beautiful as their inspirations.

Friday 23 March 2012

Stairway to Heaven....cottage garden style!!!!

Have spent some time during the recent glorious, uplifting weather sorting out my tiny cottage garden. I have planted primroses (cultivated not wild!) and violas as well as hyacinths (left from last year). I am feeling very happy with the results so far and can't believe it is only March......!!!!!:-)


This is the little stairway from the patio outside my kitchen up to my tiny lawn. I have just bought a new chair and have been reading my OU module textbooks and enjoying the sun ,with cups of coffee and tea, in between bouts of gardening. It is also where I  stitched and read for my CCAD degree.



The photo below shows the view from my kitchen window.




As can just about be made out in this small picture it is an 'eclectic' (!!!) mix of vintage cottage/Victorian (violas and hyacinths), country house (box pyramids, hedging and balls topiary) and oriental (sea washed bronze horses and chinese soldier)!!!!!!

The country corner, by the shed, (which was shown in a post last year , with foxgloves and lupins as well as cantebury bells) has still to be further planted; possibly with a beautiful magnolia I bought for my FMP last year and which refused to flower then but is just about to burst into bloom, after all the lovely sunshine we have had recently.

My Chelsea Show bicycle, also shown in a previous post, is in the distance waiting for my next visit to the garden centre to buy more pansies/violas/primroses etc to put in its basket.

Do hope you like my little garden heaven and have enjoyed your short visit to my ongoing project............................WATCH THIS SPACE :-)

2 comments:

  1. Your little garden looks lovely Chris. I'll look forward to seeing some pics of it in full summer bloom. The weather is lovely at the moment but the trees and plants need some rain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx so much Joy, hope all is well with you....left a message on your blog.....

    ReplyDelete