Inspirations



I have always loved History, Literature and Art.........................................................................................................
beautiful things, the stuff of dreams..................................................

flowers, butterflies, fairy tales, embroidered fragments, Chinese blues, Botticelli angels, Blake's visions, Burne-Jones pictures............................................................................................

amongst many other hints and wisps of the past..........................

to catch in my net and weave into mydesigns..................

which I hope others might find as beautiful as their inspirations.

Friday 28 January 2011

INSPIRATIONAL EMBROIDERY!

Had an inspirational Embroidery workshop on Tuesday :-)

We were shown amazing work by leading textile designers,former students and our lecturer Claire Baker who studied at CCAD herself and produced the most EXQUISITE  designs for her FMP.  They were soooooooooooooo beautiful that they were the reason I undertook this course, six years ago, in the hopes of learning how to design such beautiful things for myself.  Unfortunately I am not so talented and somehow, I am very sad to say, my projects have not taken an embroidery route.  Having been reminded of what I had planned to do, maybe there is still time to do some innovative oriental card and gift?  I hope so, but if not then shall have all the time in the world to explore altered art, paper sculpture and  beautiful embroidered  work like Claire's once I am finished in a few ( help) months time!

No comments:

Post a Comment