Inspirations



I have always loved History, Literature and Art.........................................................................................................
beautiful things, the stuff of dreams..................................................

flowers, butterflies, fairy tales, embroidered fragments, Chinese blues, Botticelli angels, Blake's visions, Burne-Jones pictures............................................................................................

amongst many other hints and wisps of the past..........................

to catch in my net and weave into mydesigns..................

which I hope others might find as beautiful as their inspirations.

Sunday 17 July 2011

Geneva and the Montreux Jazz Festival

Although I managed a few short posts over the last two weeks there was a distinct lack of photo's..... There is a reason for that!!!! I spent last weekend in Switzerland and managed to leave my camera at my Mother's.  I decided, therefore to leave all reference to my Swiss vacation until I had the pictures to accompany my news!!!

I had a lovely time with scorching weather, a visit to the Montreux Jazz Festival and sightseeing in Geneva.


Here is the famous fountain ( the only thing I remembered from previous visits, as a teenager and then on an inter-rail trip as a student!)


This view of the city has the French alps in the background.  They look very different to when I've seen them covered with snow on past ski holidays!!!



This is the one and only 'street' group that we found in Montreux.  They were very good.  However, as we expected many more we strolled on, past never ending food and 'tat' stalls, looking for more of the same, in the ever increasing crowds. Don't know where they hid themselves, but we ended up enjoying delicious cocktails on the verandah of the very lovely Hotel Suisse,after giving up the search!!

No comments:

Post a Comment