Inspirations



I have always loved History, Literature and Art.........................................................................................................
beautiful things, the stuff of dreams..................................................

flowers, butterflies, fairy tales, embroidered fragments, Chinese blues, Botticelli angels, Blake's visions, Burne-Jones pictures............................................................................................

amongst many other hints and wisps of the past..........................

to catch in my net and weave into mydesigns..................

which I hope others might find as beautiful as their inspirations.

Friday 29 July 2011

SERAPHINE LOUIS, dite DE SENLIS-the naive, divinely inspired early 20th century painters pictures......



I purposely left images of  Seraphine's art out of the last post as the film/acting/story is so arresting I did not want to put anyone off trying a taster-actual art being very much personal taste.  However, thought it would be nice to show off the amazing colourful work of this relatively unknown artist. 

It is not my normal taste as I am not an Imprssionist fan, but as this is not really Impressionism (bar madness/colour/brush strokes making it reminiscent of Van Gogh), but divinely inspired naive art guess I am intrigued!!! I also love the divinely inspired work of Blake (who in turn inspired one of my artist hero's Rossetti).  More than anything I am in awe of the passion and dedication she showed, under such adverse consitions. To work so hard all her life but despite being so poor and tired she still managed to create works that were true to herself/unique at night after a very hard days work as a cleaner.

Having spent the last two weeks doing a very poor job of the latter and not creating anything at all (being made totally miserable and bored by the whole awful process of pushing objects and dirt around to create order from creative chaos) I admire her creativity even more-even if it does not conform to my usual idea of beauty.....

No comments:

Post a Comment