Inspirations



I have always loved History, Literature and Art.........................................................................................................
beautiful things, the stuff of dreams..................................................

flowers, butterflies, fairy tales, embroidered fragments, Chinese blues, Botticelli angels, Blake's visions, Burne-Jones pictures............................................................................................

amongst many other hints and wisps of the past..........................

to catch in my net and weave into mydesigns..................

which I hope others might find as beautiful as their inspirations.

Friday 22 July 2011

Country walks and wild flower heaven...

As well as sorting out the cottage I have also vowed to take Toby for longer walks!

Althought the village has a few places to walk dogs, most are beside busy roads or through fields containing herds of semi-wild horses!!!!!!

Today, however, I discovered a new public pathway through the fields to...nowhere exactly it seemed............................... 

Having followed it for a little while, it brought me to a tiny piece of countryside heaven-swathes of purple vetch, giant pink clover, sunny colts foot. masses of  ox eye daisies with all sorts of beautiful butterflies and the hum  bumblebees.  It was totally unexpected, and all the better for that. Unfortunately, as a result, I was unable to take any photographs as I hadn't taken a camera with me :-( Shall try to emember one next time

I am now beginning to desperately want to get on and draw these flowers but still have the mundane to sort.  A good thing as this means I shall finally be spurred in to action, just as I was whilst studying by hand in dates!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Yes you need to get drawing those lovely wild flowers Chris or before you know it they will have gone and you willhave to wait until next year. Hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true!!! Thought exactly that when I passed by the same lovely spot today...... Still embroiled, BUT slowly but surely getting there with the cottage sorting out!!!! :-) Hope you are enjoying lovely RELAXED (!!!??!!)walks with your dog too.

    ReplyDelete