Inspirations



I have always loved History, Literature and Art.........................................................................................................
beautiful things, the stuff of dreams..................................................

flowers, butterflies, fairy tales, embroidered fragments, Chinese blues, Botticelli angels, Blake's visions, Burne-Jones pictures............................................................................................

amongst many other hints and wisps of the past..........................

to catch in my net and weave into mydesigns..................

which I hope others might find as beautiful as their inspirations.

Sunday 27 March 2011

Blue and white china and yellow orchids...............

My latest designs for my oriental china collection were created yesterday.  They were inspired by my  blue and white temple jars and an amazing daffodil like orchid I bought for my mother at the orchid show I visited recently.



I love blue and blue and white china. It was collected by Rossetti, the subject of my dissertation. I have chosen mainly blue with the possible combination of yellow, like my home, as one of the main colours for my FMP

No comments:

Post a Comment