Inspirations



I have always loved History, Literature and Art.........................................................................................................
beautiful things, the stuff of dreams..................................................

flowers, butterflies, fairy tales, embroidered fragments, Chinese blues, Botticelli angels, Blake's visions, Burne-Jones pictures............................................................................................

amongst many other hints and wisps of the past..........................

to catch in my net and weave into mydesigns..................

which I hope others might find as beautiful as their inspirations.

Sunday 13 November 2011

Rememberance....................

Today I am remembering ALL the people who have died, been injured  or fought for their beliefs.

Whatever 'side' someone belongs to it is, to them, the right one. They all leave family and friends behind to remember them and their bravery. Members of my family died in the trenches, whilst others helped the injured and fought in World War 2. I have visited war graves in France, Germany and the Far East. I lived near Belson. However, living in Germany showed me the same grief exists there too, for those involved with the war. Families mourn, wreathes are laid and the mental scars are still to be found amongst those involved.

I am particularly remembering my son's schoolfriend, Mark Reynolds (Royal Army Air Corps) who was killed, with his instructor,on his last training flight at the age of 24. He was awarded his wings posthumously.......

If only there were no need for conflict and all could live together in peace -whatever their colour, creed or political inclination...........................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment