Inspirations



I have always loved History, Literature and Art.........................................................................................................
beautiful things, the stuff of dreams..................................................

flowers, butterflies, fairy tales, embroidered fragments, Chinese blues, Botticelli angels, Blake's visions, Burne-Jones pictures............................................................................................

amongst many other hints and wisps of the past..........................

to catch in my net and weave into mydesigns..................

which I hope others might find as beautiful as their inspirations.

Monday 6 December 2010

Isabelle de Borchgrave-a fellow eccentric?!


Have revisited an inspirational Belgium artist I found whilst doing market research, for both Minor and Major projects, in one of the best (in my opinion) department shops, in London -Libertys ( another target market...in my dreams!). Her book 'Paper Illusions' is full of her wonderful paper creations. The Telegraph' described her as .....'eccentric'....... in one of their articles about her work (seems to be a pattern developing with my favourite artsts!!). so I am in very good company with this character trait!!!!!! 
I attempted a very inferior attempt at emulating her style of work, for my minor project, based on my childrens christening gown. These pictures show some of the stages of it's creation!

Would LOVE to do a work placement in her magical workshop.......................

No comments:

Post a Comment